Sunday 7 April 2013

So sweet - thank you, Kathleen :)

Out of the blue and I guess for no other reason than she wanted to, Kathleen over at Crabbit Quilter sent me a bag of her pink scraps! 


When I told Kathleen, I would only accept them if she let me make her a 'Pants Bag', she wrote back:

"Would be honoured to receive a pants bag, but really just happy to spread the love. Random acts of Kindness, etc. If you must, if you think the scraps are worth it, love jewel colours :)"

Jewel colours? Threw me for a second but then I Googled it and found:


Mmm Mmm Mmm ... so off to my trusty stash to see what I can find!

Kathleen's 'Random acts of Kindness' has met my immovable 'Pay it Forward' so she's definitely getting a Pants Bag!

No sewing yesterday, had a superfabbylicious 'Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea' at the Sanderson Hotel in London (my pbf's hen partay was very sophisticated - not a tiara or 'L' plate in sight!!) The sandwiches and cakes were all Alice in Wonderland themed - I can highly recommend it:


Having a wonderful weekend, hope you are too :)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pink scraps. A Pants Bag? I have to ask ... why are the cute little drawstring bags you make called Pants Bags? I am sew curious ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she asked because I am curious, too. =)

    Awesome scraps! It's fun playing with someone else's scraps. I tend to buy the same type of fabric and fall into a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies, I call them Pants Bags because when I first made one, it was for a friend who was going into hospital and we didn't want her 'pants' and other lady garments to have to be put in drawers where others' pants had been. It kind of stuck after that and so I now only call them Pants Bags - though you could put other things in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that explains it. Good idea! Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen is going to love her pants bag. I know- I love mine!

    "Paying it forward" and "random acts of kindness" make this world a beautiful place. Keep up the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really great idea! I need one for when I travel and spend the night at hotels. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant wait! And more than welcome for the scraps, ,doing me a favour - couldnt get the box to close! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)