Saturday 18 October 2014

Gorgeous gift and a little finish :)

Like most of us, I'm sure, when I first started blogging, I wasn't sure if anyone would ever read my blog or if I'd even enjoy blogging. I hoped I'd at least make a friend (or two) along the way. And I have! One of my newest friends is Jasmine @ Quilt Kisses, a really sweet lady who makes the most delightful quilts (check out her latest for Halloween!)

This week, she sent me this gorgeous mini-quilt 4,500 miles across land and sea as a house-warming gift ... I love it! Thank you xx And the cutest handmade card:




Jasmine is not afraid to try out new stuff and her quilting is even better close up. I wish I had an 1/8 of her talent. 

She spurred me on to have a little finish of my own and I've been meaning to make a cushion for the fireside chair in the snug. So yesterday, I took my design inspiration from the rug in there:


Here are some steps along the way. Had to push Nell off the ironing table! I love making cushions with binding:





I tried some fancy black cotton quilting in the centre square - it did NOT work out! Hence the appliquéd centre 'kiss'! And the finish:





Linking up with Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom QuiltsIt feels really good to have made something this week 😍

9 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, glad to see you're sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 4,500 miles is really far. I am so happy it made it to you even sooner than expected, but am especially happy we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the pillow, it looks perfect there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift. And your pillow is gorgeous. One question though: what's a snug? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you beautiful gift, congratulations on the pillow finish it looks great.
    cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely gift. I still want your house.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fireplace! Can't wait to come and visit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your cushion looks fab! I love the design. And what a gorgeous fireplace. I bet you can't wait to sit there and do some hand stitching when it's cold outside. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! Love the colours in your pillow and my oh my would I love to be sitting by your lovely fireplace!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)