Saturday 11 February 2012

Start of 'USA #3' Quilt

It's been soooooooooooo cold, I've (almost) not wanted to spend too much time in the loft (my quilting room) but I'm on a roll with the lapquilts I'm making for my american cousins. So for dear USA cousin #3, we're going with the blues: I was going to go with the pinks so I'm glad I thought to ask ... and my Great Aunt's stash is abundant with fabric ... still!

I got all my pattern books out, looked on t'internet for inspiration but nothing jumped out at me so I decided to keep it simple (often the best way when using lots of different fabrics) and I'm doing 6 rows of 6 blocks (a 4 square and rail fence repeated) so that meant cutting 288 pieces out of 12 different fabrics:

It was fun choosing which 4 colours to put in each row. And I'm making good use of the little ironong board I made out of 1/2 of an old cutting mat. It's very handy having it right next to me as I sew - there's a heck of a lot of pressing going on:

And this was (some of) the mess I made along the way:

And Nell?? Remember I told you how cold it's been? No surprises she's not in the loft with me ... back of the sofa next to the radiator for her - see you in the spring, Nell:

Back soon with more stitching tales and pictures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)