Wednesday 14 August 2013

Good call :)

I have been working on my layer cake quilt ... the green blender fabric arrived in the post and I am sooooo happy I decided to do the extra bit of work and frame the blocks:


I cut 1 1/2 " strips for the inside sashing and 2 1/2" strips for the borders:



I'm very pleased at how it's coming together and we decided it would make a great present for our dear Aunty Ruth who will be celebrating her 89th birthday next Sunday so I have until next Wednesday night (gulp, a week!) to finish the top, make the back, baste, quilt, bind and label it! Love a challenge?! Easy peasy :D

Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced - WIP Wednesday


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The green brings it all together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Aunty Ruth will love it. I never think to use such narrow sashing but it is just the thing here. Thanks for sharing. I will try to put that in my bag of tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics! I know you will get it done on time, and your Aunt will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful I am sure your Aunt will love it.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! What a great blender :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wave that good wand, Glinda! You can do it! Love the blender fabric sashing and borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous green fabric, what an inspired choice. You sew, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! It will make a beautiful gift

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just so pretty! And I think I'd get a lot more done if I self-imposed these crazy deadlines like you do. Can't wait to see it all finished up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)