Saturday 17 August 2013

It's going to be a perfect day :)

It's been a pretty good week too ... I made this quilt in January for a Hurricane Sandy survivor and look what came in the post on Thursday:



Made me do a big gulp! A letter of thanks was more than enough but a pack of batik squares too! Huge heartfelt 'woo hoo' to you, eQuilter and  Timeless Treasures ... you're amazing and I'm glad to have helped just a tiny bit.

This morning, I have finished making the back and basting Aunty Ruth's quilt, have cleaned my sewing machine, changed the needle, wound my bobbins, fetched myself a glass of iced water, got the radio playing some disco tunes (my favourite band ABBA have just come on as I'm typing ... life doesn't get much better than this!) and I'm now ready to start quilting:


DH is out all day (and night) with his football friend (first day of the new Premiership season) so I can sew sew sew ALL day long ... yippeeeeee!

As well as covering my sewing chair with Cath Kidston fabric this week, I also made a new peg bag and a pouch for Nell's treats ... I swear it's the only reason she spends so much time with me in the loft :)




Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


6 comments:

  1. Your sewing room is looking so gorgeous! Well done sending off your quilt too, l have the best of intentions but have not managed to send one off yet :( Enjoy your sewing filled day X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff - it sounds like the perfect day! Mine should be good, too - off to a quilt show with Julie (Joe Tulips). The bag and pouch for Nell's treats are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always so impressed by how much you get done! Congrats on the new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! No sewing for me lately, so glad I can enjoy yours vicariously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a fabulous day!! Love your sewing studio - so cheerful and colorful and well-organized! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it was a perfect day. You are so organized since the remodel. Maybe that's what I need, a good remodel...
    You are the speed demon, girl. I'm away for a couple days and look at all the projects you finish. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)