Saturday 27 October 2012

Farmer's Wife Fabby Friday (3)

Okay, you've got me, it's Saturday but it doesn't really matter, hey? 

Here are this week's six blocks - better late than never - that takes me up to 18 ... and they're not necessarily getting easier although I am learning as I go along. For example, if I square up the triangle pieces to match in size the square pieces before sewing them together, my seams match much better. Also, if I can get away with making some of the outside pieces a little bit bigger than the template, they're more likely to finish at an even 7" block.

So, here they are - I'm still sticking to pink, green and white scraps (with a little bit from my stash) i.e. no new fabrics.

#41 Friendship Star


#55 Linoleum


#61 Northern Lights


#69 Practical Orchard


#74 Ribbons


#94 Tall Pine Tree


And all 6 - do you have a favourite this week?




4 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. Love the colours you are using and your blocks look great

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love thepink and green always a great color scheme! I'm doing a bunch of 6" blocks too. Kind of like Farmer's wife only more random (if that;s possible). have fun, cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely Farmer's Wife eye candy! It is gonna look so lovely when it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! 6 a week is a lot! I just started a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to do as many as I can in a weekend! I love northern lights! Glad I found you, I'll be following along :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)