Friday 19 October 2012

Finish it up Friday :)

As well as my 6 new FWQ blocks this week, I also finished this lap quilt top for dear hubby's cousin, Marisa.

This will be a surprise gift for Marisa - she lives  in Harrisburg, PA but loves all things English country garden which inspired me to bring these bright fabrics together. 

l

This is my own pattern (in that I made it up as I went along!) and the finished quilt will be about 60" x 60". It's been a lot of fun making this - wouldn't usually put pink and orange together - do you think it works?


Just have to piece the back now, oh and baste, quilt, label and bind it ... so very very glad its the weekend :)

Linked up to Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish it up Friday

3 comments:

  1. The pink and orange definitely work! What a lucky friend you have - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it works. Great job with your designing. Fun to create something that is totally unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made your own pattern. I like pink and orange together. It works for sure!
    I'm you newest follower. I love your informative posts. A quilter never can learn enough from other quilters...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)