Sunday 7 October 2012

No sewing this week but ...

... thankfully my cold has finally gone! And yesterday we spent a wonderful day with friends in Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk) and had a drink in the smallest pub in Britain. Apart from the scary mummified cat hanging from the ceiling, it was a great experience! The Nutshell and Bury St Edmunds are well worth a visit:

Because I wasn't sewing this week, I was visiting blogs and (silly me!) popped over to look at what Heather at A La Mode was up to and saw this post. Like many other quilters, I'm sure, I bought the book last Summer (The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt), printed off the templates, auditioned some fabrics and then got stuck into other projects. A few weeks passed and I started seeing the beautiful work being produced by talented people like Camille and Amanda and before I knew it, the Summer was over and I hadn't started my FW quilt :( 

Looking at the beautiful blocks Heather has already made, I will not be playing catch up but she has inspired me to dust off the book. So, thank you Heather - NOT! I have decided I WILL add this to my 'To do' list and make a start next week:


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. This is me...wishing you luck! I am envious of all of the Farmer's Wife blocks & quilts I saw all over the place. I know that I will be envious of yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted and it is on my ever growing quilt bucket list but it'll have to wait a while. I can't wait to see your progress though. I'll live vicariously through you for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)