Wednesday 18 February 2015

Bag for a boy ...

... and one for me too!

Any sewing is good, hey? Yes. So I'm not going to get any quilt-envy about what I'm not achieving. I made myself another Pants Bag at the weekend. All from scraps - oh my, do I have a lot of scraps?!


Even the lining and casing:


Voila:


My friend Carla @ Creatin in the sticks wrote a lovely post last week about the Pants Bags she made for the special ladies in her life. And the lovely Jasmine really loves the one I made for her last year but is worried her hubby will pinch it so we agreed he needed one of his own!

Dark greens are his favourite colours, so I went stash-busting:


Meh! Wasn't doing it for me so I just HAD to go shopping on Saturday and bought these FQs instead (well, it is his birthday soon!):


Far more suitable, methinks, and a little WIP photo:



Linking up with Lorna and Lee

Sew Fresh Quilts


7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pants bag... And a great use of scraps! Love the new doggie fabric, too. Looks great in that block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag looks great! And I love the peek at my hubby's. He's going to love it. I'll make sure he doesn't peek. ;) Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doggie fabric! So do you have a local quilt store? Is it any good? Loving the pants bags, as always and I'm looking forward to putting mine to good use next month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bags are the best! I am excited to see the "man" bag. Scraps are so fun to use and see them put together in ways you wouldn't think. Your pants bag is wonderful in all that scrappy goodness. Your tutorial makes it so easy to make these. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great doggie fabric!! Love that each pant's bag is so individual - tailor made!! I love my pant's bag too!! Use it all of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and kind as usual!
    Jen, you are the best!
    Love my pantsbag and the funny birds on it!
    Big hug!
    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm visiting from my friend Fran @ PatchyRose. I really like your pants bag... I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)