Friday 19 May 2017

Really REALLY really love my quilting :)

I do. I am so in love with my quilting at the moment - I love my hobby ... and whilst I do not want to wish my life away, I cannot wait until I retire (in just 15 months) so that I can make even more quilts!

Since my last blog post, I have finished 6 quilts - 5 of which I'll share with you tonight (the 6th is a surprise birthday gift for next week ... Sshhhhh!) 

Baby quilts are so lovely to make - and these two were just dreamy. The first came together really quickly from a charm pack and a bit of sashing and was a gift for a colleague at work:


And this little darling is on her way to Ukraine in the morning with my dear friend Gerrie (chair of our North Wales link of Chernobyl's Children Lifeline, a wonderful charity I have been supporting for just over a year):


This next quilt, made with Moda Grunge fabric, was to match a rug in my friend's house - the rug:


I loved making this and I think I hit the brief - the quilt:


I finally finished my 'We should be sectioned quilt' which I started in September 2015. Mine was a 'seasonal' quilt which I started with Autumn and each of the ladies added their sections:


I tried different quilting on this including hand quilting but I still favour stippling as my go-to free motion quilting:


This was a wonderful quilting bee to be a part of and I love how we have all become good friends:



And finally, a leaving gift for a friend at work. He sent me a picture of a cushion his wife liked and I designed my quilt as a likeness - I won't lie - this was tricky to make - but I do like a challenge! 


I'd be lost without graph paper, being good at maths, pins and a spare bed to use as a design board!


Really loved this one:





And so did Wayne:


Yes. Love my quilting friends. Love my hobby. Love making quilts. Love giving quilts. 

Linking up with two ladies who also love making quilts - Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts and Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! It is so much fun! You do such beautiful work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me TOO! Your finishes are all very lovely. The quilt to match the rug is spot on! And that quilt for Wayne? Oh MY! It's a beaut!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)