Sunday 27 January 2013

And she's back ...


"My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The pina and the colada.”
― Ellen DeGeneresSeriously...I'm Kidding

It's not that easy sometimes to fit everything into 24 hours, hey? Back from a fabulous skiing holiday to a full week at work and dear Mutter was with us until she went home on Thursday so today was the first day back in the loft at my sewing machine ... and it was truly W O N D E R F U L :)

I spent the day working on my Hurricaine Sandy quilt - I'm sure it's the biggest quilt I've ever made at 82" x 58" so basting was a bit of a drama this morning (sorry DH for snapping at you!) but we got there in the end.  I did some straight line quilting and some FMQ (stippling) too. Took me about 3 hours to quilt it (without a break ... naughty, I know!) I've made the binding too - all 310" of it - which I'll attach and hand sew in front of the TV in the evenings after work next week:


Come back later in the week to see the finished photos - I've joined Shanna at Fiber of All Sorts  - A Lovely Year of Finishes - so I have to have this baby all done by Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm in awe that you quilted that in three hours! It usually takes me days to get the quilting done. Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see in the photo it looks great. Can't wait to see the finished quilt

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are back. I'm right there with you on finishing. I'm so glad we are in it together. I wouldn't want to make you feel bad if I was done and bragging about it. lol The quilting looks amazing. You are a quick one. I go at slow and slower speed. I'm looking forward to your finish post...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)