Wednesday 3 July 2013

Hmmmm ... Hexies :)

Still on holiday in the Isle of Man with our dear Mums and having a fabby time. Sunday we visited Ramsey, Monday a walk around Peel Castle, yesterday to Castletown and the marvelous medieval Castle Rushen and today a ride on the Manx Electric Railway to Laxey and then a walk around Laxey Wheel (74 spiral steps ... made me a bit giddy I can tell you!) and a yellow hat for the mines:




With all that gallivanting AND watching the tennis (c'mon Murray!), I haven't made much progress on the hexies! They actually take much more time than you'd think. This is all I've done so far:


And I found Joan's Crafts in Onchan and bought a little bit of fabric! The pinks are for my stash (couldn't help myself ... no - really!) and the yellows and blues are going to make a 70th birthday quilt for my Swedish friend's Mum. Not sure what blocks to make as it's only using the two colours ... what would you do?


Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like a terrific trip - Hexies do take alot of time - Have a fun trip - Visiting from freshly Pieced - jan - aka my corn cob dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the two colours you are using blue & yellow? If so I would suggest checking out some of the amazing stuff done for the Boston Marathon Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started some hexies too. They do take time , but they're very relaxing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My staycation starts in about 3 hours. 5 days off at home with a few guests.
    Loving the hexies. They are so fun to do on the go. Do check out the Boston Marathon quilts for blue and yellow, there is a lot of creativity there.
    Have fun on the rest of your holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good holiday! Nice hat :-) Granny squares with blue and yellow??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh I love taking hexies everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are having a fun time visiting.... And shopping for fabric! Love the hexis!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound and look like you are having a wonderful time on your little holiday jaunt! What - no pink hard hat?! Your hexies are coming along well and I love the colours and patterns. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant blog and makes me feel a little home sick :-( my friend Sarah from quilt candy shared your blog with me as I'm from the Isle of Man. I was brought up in Castletown and then most recently in onchan so frequented Joan's quite alot. Glad you had fun in my home island and good luck with the crocheting. Suzy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)