Monday 3 June 2013

Happy times :)

Because of the loft / sewing room work and family visiting, all my sewing stuff has been put away so there has been no sewing for a week but what a lot of fun we've been having. Please indulge me as I share some great (non-sewing) times with you from the past few days.

On Saturday, we couldn't have a painting party because the plaster wasn't dry enough :( so DH and Stuart worked in the garden clearing the rotten decking away:



SIL and I chilled out, did some chores and after lunch, I started sewing some of the personalised patches onto the back of the Snooker Table Quilt ... and look what was on the TV:


Sunday was DH's birthday and he got a 'camouflage Onesie' from his niece ... thanks Hannah!! 


After a delicious 'special birthday breakfast', we headed off to Greenwich for the day - mooched round the market, visited the Cutty Sark and enjoyed the sunshine:


Later on, DH decided to hide in the garden in his new 'Onesie'... can you spot him?? I cannot describe how hilarious it was - tears were rolling down our faces - bless him, we laughed and laughed ... I'm still chuckling now, the silly beggar:



And today, the four of us headed off to Rye in East Sussex - a small but beautiful medieval town full of Antique shops - we  stopped for a drink at the Mermaid Inn (dates back to 1156):



Had a lovely lunch at Carey's Fish Restaurant:


We all found little things to buy. I bought a new blanket airer to hang my quilts over (when I get to round to making some!) and some Cath Kidston linen fabric to make a bag for SIL's birthday:



Back to work tomorrow - but with a light heart and an aching face from all the laughing. We're very lucky to have such wonderful family and the memories of the last few days will stay with us forever :)

10 comments:

  1. How lovely! Rye is beautiful, isn't it? Hope you get some sewing time to start on the Bee quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend. Funny onesie story!
    I hope you got the invitation to join the Strip Bees flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time! Too bad you have to go back to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "Onesie!" What a riot!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a great story teller. I feel like I was there to see that crazy outfit your DH recieved. Thanks for sharing. Too funny.
    So good to hear you happy and enjoying the weather outside. Happy Spring, Friend. Summer will be here soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fantastic visit and time you've had. Great story about the onsie! Men and their camo?! :) Looks like the weather was great for tootling around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful weekend you've had and such pretty places to visit. Love the camouflage, sometimes I wish my OH would go hide in the garden hehe .... thanks for sharing ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful memories your post has brought back! Visited Rye with my Uncle and Mother in the early 1980's. DH & I were back again in 2001 and saw the Cutty Sark with our children. You've made me want to pull out the photos again. Love and laughter go hand-in-hand. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'll be packing away my sewing soon too. We'll have guests in July and then our son's wedding. Still have to hem the brides maid's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the onesie! I'm off to look for one! Love those antique wooden clothes horses too, wish I had one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)