Wednesday 27 June 2012

Great weekend and more new projects!

We travelled to Yorkshire at the weekend to stay with dear friends - it was Penny who introduced me to patchwork & quilting in 2010. I am so thankful to her :)

In the absence of good weather (well it is only June!), Penny and I drove about an hour from hers to this great, and I mean GREAT, quilting shop in Cheadle Hulme - http://www.patchfinders.co.uk/


Two floors of gorgeousness and some great 1/2 price fabric too! I bought a lot (we were there for 90 minutes!) and I could have bought SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo much more :) here's a few new items for my stash:


Back at Penny's, she showed me how to make a quilted knitting bag and a simple tote bag. The totes will be great for the Church raffles and quick little gifts for girlies (I'll post a little tutorial soon). I made this while I was there:


and this for Mutter when I got home (from some scraps from her Xmas Quilt):


with lots of pockets for all her knitting paraphernalia:


Then, dear niece Hannah comes to visit and this afternoon chooses fabric for the 4 cushions she'd like me to make for her new sofa ... yes, F O U R!!!


So, my updated list of UFOs, WIPs and newbies includes:

1) Completing 'USA #5
2) Completing River's playmat
3) Making 4 cushions for Hannah
4) Making Tote Bags for lots of mates
5) Making a knitting bag for Aunty Monika
6) Making a lapquilt for cousin Marisa
7) Making a lapquilt for USA friend, Ginger

Just a few things to keep me busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)